We are the foos family. PaFoo ~ PaPa Frank Foo. MaFoo ~ MaMa Melanie Tan. KaFoo ~ Daughter Kayzia Foo. KiFoo ~ Son Kieran Foo

Monday, March 17, 2008

Nov 24th 2007- Trip to Manchester

Was too lazy to do anything. So now I blog backtracking.
Since I so bored, I decided to take a trip to UK to see my favourite team, Manchester United. You must be thinking, wow, you very rich hor? suka suka, go UK watch football? Rich issit? No lah. Yearly my company (SIA Engg Company) gives us one free ticket to travel (return, of course) anywhere in the world as long as SIA flies there(wondered if they are planning to fly up to the moon in the future!). My 2006 ticket expires by 2007.Coincidently my friend Oma (SIA cabin crew) had a flight to Manchester in Nov. Got free air ticket, got free 4 stars hotel stay in Hilton, the football club replied that they will reserved 2 tickets for me, and Mel is supportive of me going.... what else can I asked for.

Manchester was cold man, like at sub cheero.... We touched down, took a nap and off we go! The game was played in Bolton, which is 20mins away from where we stayed. Like what I told Oma, machiam from Cityhall to Simei, very fast one lah. U can understand Oma’s reluctance as he is a Liverpool fan(Liverpool was playing away in Newcastle, very far, so no choice but to follow me). We had a great time.
Why so short? Cause Man U lost to Bolton 1-0! The last time this happened was like many years ago! Needless to say, Oma was screaming the whole time and Jason in Singapore asked me to buy him a Bolton jersey. Pure torture.

Anyway, I really enjoyed myself.
Airticket: free.
Lodging :free.
Football ticket: 30pounds, which is cheap because I got it from the club not black market(abt 200pounds for one!)
Even though Man U lost, currently we are leading Arsenal on goal different and have a game in hand! Liverpool? smell no smoke....Come on Man U!


Outside Manchester Airport...cold cold....


Steven and Oma, on our way to Bolton, tututrain.....


Reebok Stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers.


Reebok Stadium.


Players warming up.

1 comment: