We are the foos family. PaFoo ~ PaPa Frank Foo. MaFoo ~ MaMa Melanie Tan. KaFoo ~ Daughter Kayzia Foo. KiFoo ~ Son Kieran Foo

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2008 SC Marathon

My 1st Marathon. Prior to the run, i kena Iliotibial Band Syndrome (IBS).it is a stinging sensation just outside of my left knee. I rested 4 weeks to the race, hoping it will be alright.. who am i kdding? I felt the pull at 2km! at 13km(East coast), i almost gave up cause the pain was getting worst. Then i decided to walk and see if it will get better.(again, who am i kidding!) by the time i hit 20km(after numberous start stop and applying deep heat on my knee) I got my 2nd wind and walked non stop for 8km. the worst part of the race must be the 30-37km. limping, resting, wondering what the heck am i doing this for. see pics for yourself..


walking funny liao... as i need to compensate for my left knee, my right foot started to hurt!


after awhile i was switching walking positions(as if there are many) to lesser the pain on my left knee and right foot! And once u get "that painless walking position", u want to keep walking as long as u can....


by this time, i was at 40km. almost there....stilling wondering what the heck am i here....


pain...


even with 25METERS to go, i cant walk properly! actually i was getting emotional. i knew ppl were taking pics, didnt want them to see me teary(wondering what the heck am i doing here!)


finally! i tried jogging, cannot!


YES! took me 8hrs and 3mins! walked more than 30km!


good thing about finishing late is, they take good pics of you! and many solo shots!

3 comments:

Dadaluff said...

Goodness, you are very determined!

Vivien Macdonald said...

You go, Papa Foo! You inspire many others. I'm going to do a race one of these days. I don't think I'll do the marathon, ...I'll have to start with a 5 K at least.

Gonzo said...

8 hours to finish? It's about the same length of time Mikey waited to get his new iPhone 3GS !!!!